Full Time – Posted: October 31, 2019
Do you want to work on some of the UK’s most iconic buildings? Do you want a new exciting challenge?
We are the UK’s leading Structural Flooring Company with ambitious expansion plans and are looking to reinforce our team. As a dynamic specialist sub-contractor working in the UK construction Industry, we deliver Structural Flooring & Roof solutions on projects such as The Shard, the 02 Arena, the Olympic Stadium & Heathrow.
We are offering a great opportunity for a willing and keen individual looking to get in to the construction industry. We are looking for an Apprentice Design Engineer to work within the business, supporting various departments to get rounded experience and skills. This role will help you learn the technical aspects of our products and services to support the design and use of our products on building contracts such as those mentioned above.
This fantastic opportunity will provide you with all the relevant knowledge and experience to pursue your career, giving you a qualification whilst you gain actual work experience.
It will all start with a course at the Cadcoe Academy at Dudley College for 16 weeks, which will provide you with an opportunity to complete a project in a supported environment. Initially using CAD software to give you the starting skills and experience you need for a design engineer role with us, after the 16 week course you’ll be with us here in the office full time. But the training and support won’t stop there – even more than the daily help and support you’d expect, you’ll also be assigned a member of the Senior Management Team as a mentor who will give you advice, encouragement and truly honest feedback. Many people build such a strong relationship with their mentor that they continue that relationship throughout their whole careers.
· Using CAD to create drawings in preparation for manufacturing
· Communicating with colleagues and clients to fully understand your projects
· Learning to prepare detailed engineering designs, technical drawings and schedules
· Assisting with the development of 2D and 3D models to contract design information and deadlines
· A flexible and proactive attitude
· To be passionate and keen to learn
· To be able to work both in a team and independently
· To be able to use your initiative
· Good knowledge of MS Office programmes
· A minimum of 3 GCSEs at grade C/4 and above or equivalent (including English and Maths)
Candidates with A level or equivalent Level 3 qualifications and degree holders who have no previous qualification within this field are also able to apply.
· A competitive salary
· 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the option to purchase additional days
· Private Medical Insurance
· Cycle To Work Scheme
· Company Pension Scheme
· Prospect of progression to a higher level qualification and to progress within the business
· Weekly development courses on a range of topics
· Potential of a permanent full time position on completion of the Apprenticeship
· Free hot drinks and fresh fruit delivered daily