Internship – Posted: November 29, 2019
Structural Metal Decks Limited – Poole
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: TBC (Based on previous experience)
To be the UK’s leading provider of Structural Flooring and Roofing Solutions to the construction industry, along with expanding our brand and products internationally, ensuring a focus on Safety, Innovation and the Environment.
SMD are a specialist flooring sub-contractor within the construction sector, established for over 30 years we have been involved in some of the most icon buildings in the UK and overseas. With our expanding business portfolio, we are looking for the above candidate that shares our values and is committed to helping us achieve our long-term business goals.
To oversee the effective delivery of all site operations for contracts allocated to the concrete team.
Ensuring that all site operations are effectively pre-planned and manage whilst communicating with our client to ensure they understand their responsibilities and their expectations are managed. With a focus on site delivery around health, safety and quality whilst delivering a commercial return to the business.
The concrete department is a key development area for the business and the role will be required to work alongside several departments to help deliver contract satisfaction for our clients.
Our successful Construction Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Carrying out an order review on all secured contracts, assessing SMD’s estimate and the clients order, along with dealing with any issues that arise from this review.
- Requesting and reviewing all relevant drawings and bar bending schedules.
- Putting together provisional programme of works and getting it agreed with the client.
- Producing surface regularity drawings and issuing surface regularity results when completed.
- Prepare and issue contract RAMS and associated documentation.
- Prepare and issue contract specific site supervisor packs.
- Going out to review and secure best material and labour prices on contracts.
- Placing of all POs for labour, plant and materials with chosen suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Manage contract requirements with regards to plant hire, ensuring hire register is updated and maintained.
- Managing cube test requirements, inc. issuing test results to the client.
- Compile and issue client O&M manuals.
- Overall communication with the client and our concrete site supervisor to ensure the smooth running of the contract from design to completion.
The Ideal Candidate – Are You Right For Us?
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience working in the concrete industry. (minimum 3 years)
- Must be competent in the use of Outlook, Word and Excel with good organisation and admin skills.
- Excellent personal presentation and communication skills.
- An ability to work on own initiative; proactive, self-motivated and driven.
- Ability to take full ownership of a task.
- Ability to multitask on several different activities.
- Self-directed and self-motivated with excellent time management.
- Ability to identify and define problems and propose and implement solutions.
About The Company – Are we right for you?
We expect a lot from our team but appreciate this is a two-way thing. There are 4 main things we look for in new team members:
- We want people with bags of character – We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are and have a voice.
- We want people, people – You’ve got to like being around others, and be comfortable to talk to people on a personal and business level because you like people, not because someone told you to.
- We need the extra milers – So, if you think the job description is all you must do, then we’re not for you.
- You must put your heart into it – Full commitment to your goals and objectives must be one of your key work objectives, we will not keep chasing you.
Package Description – And Now For The Good Stuff
At SMD we work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive Salary
- 28 Days Holiday + Bonus Days
- Option to Purchase Additional Holiday
- Pension Scheme
- Private Health Scheme
- Complimentary Drinks and Fruit
- Employee Social and Charity Events
- Staff Reward Scheme
- Casual Dress Code
Apply Now! (No Agencies)
If you feel that you’ve got what it takes to support SMD in delivering our long-term objectives, we would love to hear from you. please apply by following the ‘Apply’ link and email your CV and cover letter as to why you are suitable for this role.
We look forward to speaking to you soon!
Application Closing date: 31th November 2019
Preferred start date: ASAP