Full Time – Posted: November 29, 2019
Structural Metal Decks Limited – Poole
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: TBC (Based on previous experience)
To be the UK’s leading provider of Structural Flooring and Roofing Solutions to the construction industry, along with expanding our brand and products internationally, ensuring a focus on Safety, Innovation and the Environment.
SMD are a specialist flooring sub-contractor within the construction sector, established for over 30 years we have been involved in some of the most icon buildings in the UK and overseas. With our expanding business portfolio, we are looking for the above candidate that shares our values and is committed to helping us achieve our long-term business goals.
The main purpose of the Export Coordinator role is to research, identify and develop regions outside of the UK that have a requirement for SMD’s suite of products, in order to drive business growth. You are required to build and manage customer and agent relationships whilst promoting the SMD brand.
The role requires a close working relationship with other departments within the business and the development of commercial exporting knowledge to ensure the successfully delivery, both timely and commerciality of all export contracts and agreements.
Our successful Front Office Manager will be responsible for:
- Through market research identify new possible regions that SMD can approach based on a set of pre-determined criteria.
- Compiling and managing our Export contact database.
- Create, Issue and managing all Export estimates.
- Identify, negotiating and managing new and existing Export partners, including setting and managing agreements, terms and prices.
- Developing the required marketing material to support our partners/agents along with Export sales in general.
- Ongoing account management / support of Export customers.
- Negotiating and finalising all export contracts, including setting terms & conditions and agreed payment structure.
- Manage and monitor the commercial delivery of all Export contracts to ensure projects are job costed and paid in full.
- Business reporting to the management team on Export targets and KPI’s.
The Ideal Candidate – Are You Right For Us?
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience working in the field of construction export or similar. (minimum 3 years)
- Must be competent in the use of Outlook, Word and Excel with good organisation and admin skills.
- Excellent personal presentation and communication skills.
- An ability to work on own initiative; proactive, self-motivated and driven.
- Ability to take full ownership of a task.
- Ability to multitask on several different activities.
- Self-directed and self-motivated with excellent time management.
- Ability to identify and define problems and propose and implement solutions.
About The Company – Are we right for you?
We expect a lot from our team but appreciate this is a two-way thing. There are 4 main things we look for in new team members:
- We want people with bags of character – We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are and have a voice.
- We want people, people – You’ve got to like being around others, and be comfortable to talk to people on a personal and business level because you like people, not because someone told you to.
- We need the extra milers – So, if you think the job description is all you must do, then we’re not for you.
- You must put your heart into it – Full commitment to your goals and objectives must be one of your key work objectives, we will not keep chasing you.
Package Description – And Now For The Good Stuff
At SMD we work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive Salary
- 28 Days Holiday + Bonus Days
- Option to Purchase Additional Holiday
- Pension Scheme
- Private Health Scheme
- Complimentary Drinks and Fruit
- Employee Social and Charity Events
- Staff Reward Scheme
- Casual Dress Code
Apply Now! (No Agencies)
If you feel that you’ve got what it takes to support SMD in delivering our long-term objectives, we would love to hear from you. please apply by following the ‘Apply’ link and email your CV and cover letter as to why you are suitable for this role.
We look forward to speaking to you soon!
Application Closing date: 31th November 2019
Preferred start date: ASAP