Full Time – Posted: October 1, 2019
Salary: £28,000-£33,000 (depending on experience)
In order to achieve our vision as a business, ‘Shaping the skyline, building your future’, we are looking for a Procurement Manager who can bring value to our business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for controlling the purchasing of goods and services for the Company. They will source the best quality goods, services and equipment at the right time and at the most competitive prices, in order to enable the Company to operate successfully whilst managing costs and increasing profits.
Additionally, the Purchasing Manager will be required to source new products and improve the supply of existing products, liaising with suppliers in the UK and internationally, along with considering other factors such as sustainability, risk management and ethical issues.
Our values are what differentiate us as an organisation and what bonds us as a team. We are exceptionally proud of our values and everything we do can be related back to our core value set, this ensures that we all act in a manner that supports our purpose and vision. We want to build innovative, inspirational skylines that secure the future of our employees, customers and stakeholders, without compromising our values.
Our values are: Quality, Sustainable, Consistency, Integrity, Professional, Committed, Innovative and Safety.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop and improve the overarching procurement strategy.
- Efficient stock management.
- Research and evaluate the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery and quality.
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers – both in the UK and Internationally.
- Maintain supplier contracts, ensuring up to date and easily accessible.
- Produce reports and management information.
- Evaluate bids and make recommendations to business stakeholders, based on both commercial and technical factors.
- Negotiate and agree both long and short-term supply chain contracts, including the ongoing review and monitoring of quality.
- Demonstrate year on year procurement savings, with supporting documentation.
- Stay on top of new trends, regulation and technology and lead on innovation and cost savings that will create a competitive advantage for the business.
Skills & Attributes:
- 3+ years of experience in supplier relationship management.
- 3+ years within a procurement management (or similar) role.
- Negotiating:Ability to negotiate short and long-term contracts with suppliers in a commercially beneficial way.
- Relationship Building:Having the interpersonal skills to establish rapport and develop relationships with all key stakeholders: suppliers, customers & colleagues.
- Influencing:The ability to persuade, influence and explore positions and alternatives to reach the best outcomes and meet our strategic procurement objectives.
- Problem Solving:Pragmatic approach to problem solving, with the ability to visualize, articulate and solve issues, and provide suitable solutions.
- Commercial awareness:Knowledge of the business, the industry and the wider world.
- Presentation and Reporting:Ability to present new ideas and solutions in the most suitable format and to influence individuals as a result.
- Financial Understanding:Understanding basic financial principles in order to ensure purchasing decisions are beneficial to the business.
- Continuous Improvement:Regular reviews to ensure processes and procedures are effective at all times, and to achieve and surpass targets against internal and external standards of excellence.
- Focused and Committed:Detail-orientated, hands-on, results-driven, proactive, driven by sense of ownership and urgency.
- Self-directed: With the ability and energy to work independently.
What We Offer:
- 28 days holiday per year (including Bank Holidays)
- Additional Holiday Purchase Option
- Private Medical Insurance
- Training and Skills Development opportunities
- Annual Pay Review
- Annual Bonus
- Training and Development opportunities
- Employee Reward Scheme
- Free hot and cold drinks and fresh fruit delivered daily
If you believe you have the skills and drive to make this role your own, get in touch.
Due to the volume of candidates we chat to, sometimes we don’t come reply to your application. Please don’t be offended – it’s just that you weren’t the right person this time. Keep an eye on our website to see all of our vacancies!