Full Time – Posted: November 29, 2019
Structural Metal Decks Limited – Midlands
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: TBC (Based on previous experience)
To be the UK’s leading provider of Structural Flooring and Roofing Solutions to the construction industry, along with expanding our brand and products internationally, ensuring a focus on Safety, Innovation and the Environment.
SMD are a specialist flooring sub-contractor within the construction sector, established for over 30 years we have been involved in some of the most icon buildings in the UK and overseas. With our expanding business portfolio, we are looking for the above candidate that shares our values and is committed to helping us achieve our long-term business goals.
The main deliverable of the National Sales Manager role is to achieve and exceed sales targets as set by the business on our key range of products. This needs to be achieved through relationship building via direct and indirect engagement with our clients, working to fostering long term strategical partnerships in line with ours and their values.
The role is remunerated by a basic salary with an “On Target” based bonus scheme.
Our successful Front Office Manager will be responsible for:
- Through market research, identify new possible supply only customers that SMD can approach to help drive business sales.
- Compiling and managing our supply only contact database.
- Creating, Issuing and managing all supply only customer price requests.
- Chasing up and monitoring of all price statuses and progress, along with logging information on orders that SMD have been unsuccessful on.
- Negotiating and finalising all supply only orders, including setting terms & conditions and agreed payment structure.
- Handing over secured orders to the commercial team to ensure they and the customer are clear on what has been purchased.
- Ongoing account management / support of SMD supply only customers.
- Business reporting to the management team on supply only sales targets and KPI’s.
- Assisting in developing the required marketing material to support our customers and help drive business growth.
The Ideal Candidate – Are You Right For Us?
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience, you will need to have B2B sales experience in construction (preferably with main contractors) and be confident in a field sales environment. (minimum 5 years)
- Must be competent in the use of Outlook, Word and Excel with good organisation and admin skills.
- Excellent personal presentation and communication skills.
- An ability to work on own initiative; proactive, self-motivated and driven.
- Ability to take full ownership of a task.
- Ability to multitask on several different activities.
- Self-directed and self-motivated with excellent time management.
- Ability to identify and define problems and propose and implement solutions.
About The Company – Are we right for you?
We expect a lot from our team but appreciate this is a two-way thing. There are 4 main things we look for in new team members:
- We want people with bags of character – We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are and have a voice.
- We want people, people – You’ve got to like being around others, and be comfortable to talk to people on a personal and business level because you like people, not because someone told you to.
- We need the extra milers – So, if you think the job description is all you must do, then we’re not for you.
- You must put your heart into it – Full commitment to your goals and objectives must be one of your key work objectives, we will not keep chasing you.
Package Description – And Now For The Good Stuff
At SMD we work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car / Allowance
- 28 Days Holiday + Bonus Days
- Option to Purchase Additional Holiday
- Pension Scheme
- Private Health Scheme
- Employee Social and Charity Events
- Staff Reward Scheme
Apply Now! (No Agencies)
If you feel that you’ve got what it takes to support SMD in delivering our long-term objectives, we would love to hear from you. please apply by following the ‘Apply’ link and email your CV and cover letter as to why you are suitable for this role.
We look forward to speaking to you soon!
Application Closing date: 31th November 2019
Preferred start date: ASAP