Full Time – Posted: September 30, 2019
Based in Huthwaite, Nottinghamshire. NG17 2PD
Salary: Competitive Salary (based on previous experience)
SMD are a specialist flooring sub-contractor within the construction sector, established for over 30 years we have been involved in some of the most icon buildings in the UK and overseas. With our expanding business portfolio, we are looking for the above candidate that shares our values and is committed to helping us achieve our long-term business goals.
We are looking to engage a highly organised and driven Site Operations Supervisor to take up this exciting opportunity in our Operations department. Reporting directly to our Operations Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and developing our directly employed site teams with the goal of improving our site installation service and driving onsite productivity. The role is highly operational supporting over 50 directly employed site staff based on contracts throughout the UK. The role is varied and challenging in nature and provides a real opportunity to further develop the site operations of the business.
Our successful Site Operatives Manager will be responsible for:
- The welfare of all site employees, bridging management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues whilst ensuring that all staff needs are monitored and kept in line with company procedure and policy.
- Helping to embed a culture where Health & Safety is the prime focus of all our site teams.
- Assisting in monitoring and driving site productivity through our directly employed site teams.
- Contributing to improving site processes and procedures through continuous improvement.
- Oversee site training to ensure all site operatives are fully training and hold the correct competency cards.
- Helping to drive quality level up on site.
- Assisting in the recruitment of new site personal.
- Assisting the HR department in monitoring performance and managing disciplinaries.
The Ideal Candidate – Are You Right For Us?
Our ideal candidate needs be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience managing site staff or similar. (minimum 3 years)
- Hold both an SMSTS card and CSCS Blue Skills card in either Metal Decking or Stud Welding.
- Must be competent in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Role will require travelling and staying away.
- Good organisation and administration skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills, with the ability to lead change.
- An ability to work on own initiative; proactive, self-motivated and driven.
- Clear passion for people, ensuring that they are maximising their potential whilst maintaining a healthy work life balance.
About The Company – Are we right for you?
We expect a lot from our team but appreciate this is a two-way thing. There are 4 main things we look for in new team members:
- We want people with bags of character – We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people, people – You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need the extra milers – So, if you think the job description is all you must do, then we’re not for you.
- You must put your heart into it – When you tell a team member, you’re happy to help, you must mean it.
Package Description – And Now For The Good Stuff
At SMD we work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive Salary Package
- 28 Days Holiday (including Bank Holidays, and increasing with length of service)
- Option to Purchase Additional Holiday
- Pension Scheme
- Private Health Scheme
- Employee Social and Charity Events
- Staff Reward Scheme
Apply Now! – (No Agencies)
If you feel that you’ve got what it takes to support SMD in delivering our long-term objectives, we would love to hear from you. Please get in touch via the ‘Apply’ button below. Due to the volume of candidates we chat to, sometimes we cannot reply to your application. Please don’t be offended – it’s just that you weren’t the right person this time.
We look forward to speaking to you soon!
Application Closing date: 31th October 2019
Preferred start date: ASAP.