Training & Development
SMD provide a comprehensive series of Continued Professional Development (CPD) presentations under the global title ‘Composite Decking: The Benefits and Associated Design Considerations’.
The CPD’s provide an in-depth look at different aspects of the composite metal decking industry, from design through to installation, with a range of modules available which enables the delegates to tailor the presentation to suit specific learning objectives.
CPDs are available online and in person (deepening on location) and suggest a timescale of around 1 hour 30 minutes for each presentation. We recommend one module per session but happy to present more if preferred.
- Introduction to SMD and Composite Metal Decking
- Composite Deck & Slab Design (construction, composite & fire)
- Construction Methods
- Health and Safety (pre-construction & planning)
- Benefits and Product Selection
- Construction Details
- Off-Site Construction
- SMD Elements® Design Software
- Structural Roof Deck
- Sustainability (acoustics, thermal mass, durability & cost)
Presented at Client or SMD offices
Client specific CPD’s on request
CPD Certificates for participants